Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research (JPPR)
JPPR is freely available for SHPA members.
If you encounter any difficulties please email Kristy Parker, SHPA Journal Lead.
JPPR online for non-SHPA members.
The Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research is the flagship journal of The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA). It is owned by and copyrighted to SHPA. The Journal has complete editorial freedom in terms of content and is not under the direction of SHPA or its Board of Directors.
Celebrating 50 years of publication in 2016, increasing publication frequency to six issues per year from 2017, and achieving record full-text downloads per issue in 2018 and every year since, SHPA’s premier journal JPPR provides a forum for the publication of research and exchange of knowledge, ideas, commentary and professional opinion among pharmacists. With regular discussions of pharmacy practice and specialty areas within therapeutics, JPPR article formats include: original research, systematic reviews, case reports, editorials and letters to the editor. All articles are peer-reviewed.
JPPR is edited by Professor Michael Dooley, AdvPracPharm, BPharm, PhD, FSHP, with the assistance of an Editorial Advisory Board, and is available online via Wiley Online Library. SHPA members and subscribers are able to access all published content.
JPPR Editorial Board
- Professor Michael Dooley, AdvPracPharm, BPharm, PhD, FSHP, Alfred Health & Monash University, Vic
- Associate Professor J. Simon Bell, BPharm(Hons), PhD, MPS, Monash University, Vic
- Mr Stefan Kowalski, BPharm, MAppSc, CGP, University of South Australia, SA
- Professor Jason Roberts, BPharm(Hons), B App Sc, PhD, FSHP, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital & The University of Queensland, Qld
- Professor Amanda Wheeler, BPharm, BSc, PGDipPsychPharm, PGCertPubHealth, PHD, CMHP, RegPharmNZ, Griffith University, Qld. & University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Antony Ugoni, BSc (Hons), MSc, University of Melbourne, Vic
Geriatric Therapeutics Review Editor
- Dr Rohan Elliott, BPharm, BPharmSc (Hons), MClinPharm, PhD, CGP, FSHP, Austin Health & Monash University, Vic
- Amy Page, BPharm, BHSci(CompMed), GradCertHPEd, MClinPharm, CGP, MAACP, FPS, AdvPracPharm, University of Western Australia
- Janet Sluggett, BPharm(Hons), GDipClinEpid, PhD, Monash University
- Jared Brown, BPharm(Hons), GradDipClinEpi, FSHP, MPH, NSW Poisons Information Centre & University of Sydney
- Julia Gilmartin-Thomas, BPharm(Hons), GCPP, PhD, AFHEA, MPS, Monash University
- Karen Luetsch, BPharm, GradCertClinEd, PhD, MSHP, AACPA, University of Queensland
- Mahipal Sinnollareddy, BPharm(Hons), PGDipClinPharm, CGP, MSHP, The Canberra Hospital
- Beata Bajorek, BPharm, DipHospPharm, GradCertEd(Higher Ed), PhD, MSHP, CHP, Royal North Shore Hospital & University of Technology
SHPA Journal Lead
Influencing Practice – Open access sections of JPPR
If you're not a member of SHPA, you can read the open access sections of the Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research at the Wiley Online Library. Open access sections include Editorials, Geriatric Therapeutics Review, Letters to the Editor and more.
Your comments/suggestions on content, layout and format of the Journal are much appreciated. Please provide your valued feedback via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this Section
When studies involve experimental investigations on humans, a completed consent form and a Patient Consent Statement in the manuscript that the subjects have provided documented informed consent is also needed. This includes all Case Report submissions.