Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
We have a funded position for an intern pharmacist within our dedicated and supportive Pharmacy team. This role presents a great opportunity to develop your professional skills and knowledge in a supportive hospital pharmacy environment.
The Pharmacy Department at BRHS offers comprehensive pharmacy services to all areas of the health service and also supplies medication, drug information and support to external clients, other smaller hospitals, bush nursing centres and community health centres in East Gippsland.
We are seeking an intern who is patient focussed and has a flexible and collaborative approach to their work. In this role you will receive strong professional support and being a generalist hospital role will have the opportunity to develop your skills across the range of health services offered.
Based in a beautiful part of Victoria, working for BRHS will enable you to have a fantastic work/life balance and pursue your career goals.
The successful applicants will benefit from:
- A range of salary packaging options enabling you to increase your total remuneration
- Professional support for participation in the Monash Masters of pharmacy Intern Foundation Program (IFP) or alternate program
- Supportive supervision and mentoring from experienced staff
- A small team environment enabling exposure to all facets of the pharmacy service
- Employee assistance program
- Health and Wellbeing program including gym membership at corporate rates
Intern program information
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service Pharmacy will be offering 1 government-funded pharmacy intern position in 2023.
Our pharmacy department consists of 4 full time pharmacists, 4 part time pharmacists, 6 part time pharmacy technicians and 2 part time administration assistants.
The pharmacy department is open 7 days a week and our range of services include:
- Clinical pharmacy services to HDU, acute medical and surgical, GEM and rehabilitation, palliative care and maternity in-patients.
- MADU/oncology/haematology services 5 days a week.
- Dialysis services 6 days a week.
- Medication supply and support for hospital in the home (HITH) patients and Residential in-reach (RIR) patients. We also support our home based nursing team with palliative care outpatients.
- Medication safety education sessions to cardiac rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation and falls risk patient groups.
- Medication safety education to medical Interns, medical students and graduate nurses.
- Discharge and outpatient PBS dispensing and counselling.
- Provision of medication and information to our ATSI patients under our locally developed Geewan scheme.
What will your intern program look like?
- Weekly tutorials with a range of clinical, legal, rural health and OTC topics. These tutorials will align with your rotation through all acute and sub-acute areas.
- A preceptor and mentor will be allocated to you and you will be supported by the whole pharmacy team.
- Participation in the BRHS multidisciplinary early career group for mutual educational needs and support.
- Opportunities for placement days at Latrobe Regional Hospital.
- Opportunity for clinical placement and tutorials at one of our community pharmacies if required.
Margaret Griffiths, Chief Pharmacist
Ph: 03 5150 3485
Intern positions in 2023
- 1 DHHS funded