Campuses where pharmacy intern will work: Cabrini Malvern, Cabrini Brighton and Cabrini Elsternwick.
Cabrini is a Catholic, not-for-profit private provider of health and health related services inspired by the missionary vision of the Cabrini Sisters. Cabrini’s mission is to provide excellence in all of Cabrini’s services and Cabrini’s vision is to provide compassionate care for more people in need.
Cabrini Malvern is a 508-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of services including: coronary care, general medicines, infectious diseases, neurology, geriatrics, oncology, rehabilitation, surgical, hospital-in-the-home, emergency department, intensive care unit, maternity and paediatrics. In 2019 Cabrini opened the Gandel Wing which hosts a state of the art day oncology and infusion treatment centre. Cabrini is one of the largest providers of oncology services in Victoria.
Cabrini Brighton is a hospital located in the heart of Bayside. The 138 bed facility specialises in oncology services, orthopaedic surgery, ENT, plastic and reconstructive, urology and rehabilitation.
Cabrini Elsternwick is a 30-bed specialist women’s mental health hospital
The pharmacy department is made up of around 48 full time employees which include pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and procurement staff and provide a service 7 days a week.
For more information visit https://www.cabrini.com.au/
Intern program information
The Cabrini Health Intern Training Program aims to assist pharmacy graduates in becoming competent pharmacists. Cabrini supports students in both conducting the Monash University Intern Training Program (ITP) and if students wish, the Monash University Intern Foundation Program (IFP).
Key features of the program:
- Intern Supervisor
- Individual supervision
- Weekly intern education meetings, preceptor follow up and tutorials which will cover clinical, legal and OTC topics
- Written and oral practice examination preparation
- Structured (but flexible) timetable of rotations
- 0.5 day protected time per week for tutorials, research project and preceptor catch up
- Salary packaging
- Participation in research projects and QUM activities
Each intern will be rotated through the following:
- Clinical Orientation (in theatre)
- Aseptic Compounding Suite (ACS) – including manufacturing training
- Dispensary and operational services
- Research and governance
- Ward based services
- 10 week surgical rotation
- 10 week medical rotation
- 5 week cardiology rotation
- 5 week oncology rotation
- 5 weeks of elective clinical rotation (can be completed in multiple disciplines)
- 2 weeks of independent ward management (under supervision)
The interns will be provided with weekly tutorials provided by Cabrini Pharmacists which will aid in the interns progression through the Monash ITP and IFP (if applicable). Cabrini offers a wide range of clinical education to all staff which include: pharmacy continuing education every 2 to 3 weeks, medical updates in the form of ‘Q & A’ sessions, GP lecture series and ‘Quick clinical updates’.
Robert Wojnar, Intern Coordinator
Tel 03 9508 5065
Amanda Footit, Director of Pharmacy
Tel 03 9508 1880
Intern positions in 2024
- 2 hospital funded
Cabrini Health 2024 Intern Program
Cabrini Health 2024 Roster Draft
Cabrini Health 2024 Tutorials Draft